Open source on code.google.com

Monday, August 27, 2007 at 9:02 AM



I was having a conversation with Kamal Singh, who told me that he moved all his gadgets over to code.google.com Project Hosting.

The Google Desktop team has open sourced many of their most popular gadgets, but Kamal made me realize there are clear benefits for all gadget developers. First of all, you get your own Subversion repository without having to go through the hassle of setting up an SVN server. If you need file hosting, Google Code offers free hosting and download stats. There's also an issue tracker where people can report bugs.

Seeing all those benefits, I felt a need to write an article: Open Sourcing Gadgets on code.google.com. I hope it's enough to get you started, but if you need any help please leave a comment on this blog or visit us on the forum.

1 comment:

Stefan said...

I might put my Star Trek Trivia gadget on project hosting eventually...
Anyway, nice article!