Animation in desktop gadgets

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 12:42 PM



It has been more than a year since I started developing Google Desktop gadgets, and I still have the same enthusiasm I did then, mainly because of the endless capabilities offered by the continuously improving Google Desktop APIs. It is so amazing to see just a small piece of JavaScript code do wonders in gadgets. Gadgets with animation effects are exceptionally fascinating and look more professional than gadgets with more traditional user interfaces.

I have written an article on animation from what I have learned in my journey through Google Desktop APIs. In this article, "Animation: Add Life to your Desktop Gadget", I have summarized how to implement useful animation effects in gadgets. After you read it, I hope you're inspired to put animation into your own gadgets.

No comments: